Celebrate Shrove Tuesday with a delicious vegan pancake recipe, created by our founder Niomi. The idea behind this national day is to use up ingredients you have in your cupboard, so be sure to dig out that bag of flour sitting at the back of yours, to prevent any unnecessary waste.
We've topped ours with some yummy vegan butter, maple syrup and some strawberries, but you can garnish yours with any vegan goodies that take your fancy!
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1 tbsp Baking Powder
2 tbsp Coconut Sugar (substitute for sugar of choice or Maple Syrup)
2 tbsp Vegetable Oil or Melted Coconut Oil
1 1/2 cups Non-dairy Milk
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1. First up, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
2. Pour in the milk and oil with the sugar and vanilla extract, and gently whisk together.
3. Next, grease a frying pan with oil over a medium heat. Use a 1/3 cup measure to pour the batter into the centre of the pan, and cook for approximately 2 minutes each side until golden.
4. Repeat until you have used up all of the mixture!
5. Serve with cubes of vegan butter, a drizzle of maple syrup, and a scatter of berries or any topping of your choice.
If you fancy showing us your vegan foodie creations, tag @mysmartskin in your pancake stack on Instagram!
The Smart Skin team x